Martin Ferguson is Policy & Research Director for Socitm, UK’s professional network for leaders engaged in innovation, technology, and modernisation of public services. He leads and represents Socitm on the following policy and research themes:
- Ethical and secure use of emerging technologies and data
- Healthy and well communities
- Leadership, diversity and skills
- Modernising ICT service delivery
- Service design and transformation.
A graduate of the Universities of Wales, Waterloo (Canada) and Birmingham, his local government career spans planning, environment, housing, leisure and recreation, IT and policy support services. He is a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society, a member of Major Cities of Europe’s Organizing Committee, programme manager for the UK Local CIO Council and a past President of Socitm.